Voyage to Bliss is an intense 1 month travel experience. We really want you to take a break. In fact, we will pay you US$1,800 to cover your airfare.
Voyage to Bliss is a process of self-unraveling. Looking inward may help generate confidence, determination, and the ability to make significant contributions to the world. It also provides innumerable rewards for those who surround this individual.
We are seeking Voyagers to take 30 days ‘off’ from their daily work, daily life. Leave behind corporate ladder climbing and social media. Take a journey to a place you’ve never been to before. Start fresh. Reset your priorities with a big picture view. Connect with the real you.
During the 30 Days
Experience: Your goal during this month is to focus on yourself. No work projects. No deadlines. Do what your gut’s calling you to participate in. Every day.
Appreciation: The new moments. The people you met. The sounds, textures and colors of your surroundings. Reflect through daily journaling, contemplation, and silence.
After the 30 Days:
Share: Capture your Voyage's key ‘aha’ moments through a video and blog post
- Ability to spend time with yourself (yes, you) in enriching self-growth oriented practices.
- Internet cleanse. Free from all emails, social media, instant messages, and digital responsibilities. This is your chance to experience the beautiful world in front, around, and inside you.
- At the time of application, you must be holding a full-time job. If you can gain approval for a 1-month break, do remember to turn on Out of Office. And no peeking. This is a rare opportunity to be off the grid and do something meaningful.
- Ability to spend 30 days in a country you’ve never been before. This is vital, as it puts you out of your comfort zone and deprioritizes habits, routines, domestic errands, and social obligations.
- A gentle warning. The Voyage is not for the faint of heart. There will be lonely moments, when you might ask yourself "What am I doing here? I wanna go back home to my family and friends. I miss Bejeweled 3!"
It'll be alright. We want you to be prepared. We'll schedule a 90-minute pre-Voyage orientation to brief you on your trip, expectations, logistics, safety. In addition, we'll walk you through the Voyage to Bliss kit (below), which contains self-reflection questions and groovy activities to participate with others.
Once returning, we will connect with you for a 90-minute post-Voyage orientation to help welcome and integrate you back in your world. Thanks to your experiences abroad and new perspectives, you may return with a zest for life. We want you to sustain this momentum at work, at home. This way, the benefits of the Voyage continue to remain with you. As the adage goes, "Consistent actions create consistent results."
- The objective of the Voyage is not to separate you from your real life back home, at work, or from the people that matter. It's about giving you a) space and b) time to connect you with what's truly important to you.
We will fund you US$1,800 to cover your airfare. Once on the new land, all other expenses are the responsibility of the individual.
Ready. Set. Go.
How do you want to utilize your superhero skills? Who do you want to spend more time with? What activities bring you the most joy? Answers to many questions will start surfacing through this Voyage. Apply now.
Each Voyager is chosen from a wide pool of candidates who applied from around the world. In the last year, we received applications from 5 continents. Many of the applicants we heard from love their jobs. Some are at an inflection point in their careers. No matter what, it is clear they want a pause to figure out what's important in life.
Without further adieu, introducing you to our Voyagers:
Residence: Brisbane, Australia
Voyage to Bliss Location: Vancouver, Canada
Seth comes from the video gaming industry, where he works in Marketing for Halfbrick Studios. With a fortunate remission from cancer, Seth knew it was time to take a plunge for a proper R&R. Through AirBnB, he found a cabin in the woods outside the mountains of Vancouver. Listen to Seth's story in his pre-departure video.